Allyson Out!! Pro Curse Continues

Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

Allyson Out!! Pro Curse Continues

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 26, 2003 11:08 am

The curse of going professional reared its ugly head as Allyson Felix did not get out of the Quarter Final Rounds of the 200. Felix, who signed a contract with Adidas, barely made it out of the first round in the morning. She was well beaten in the afternoon race and goes home wealthy but unhappy. Allyson is not ready for prime time yet. Maturity is a factor that is not talked about very often. Sure she will get some money during the next few years. But I think she should have taken a year or two to develop in college, eventhough she would be running against the Lady LongHorns.

Re: Allyson Out!! Pro Curse Continues

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 26, 2003 11:10 am

See my post in the other Felix thread. She is tired; it's tough for a high schooler to negotiate such a long season. You're right, a year or two in college probably would have helped her.

Re: Allyson Out!! Pro Curse Continues

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 26, 2003 11:43 am

put yourself in the shoes of this youngster. would you take the money? why not. you can still go to college. i would love to have an opportunity like that. also, we should do away with all of our superstitions. i would love to be cursed with money and an opportunity to be a full time track athlete