Deepest women's 10k ever

Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

Deepest women's 10k ever

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 23, 2003 11:36 am

After Ahere's 30:04, all-time marks-for-place for 2nd-16th ... and that INCLUDES the Chinese races of the 90s!

Re: Deepest women's 10k ever

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 23, 2003 3:10 pm

i wish paula radcliffe were in it, she may not have even medaled, but knowing she cant outkick the other girls, she may have forced everyone to run even faster. also for the first time in a decade the chinese ran well outside of china 30.07 and 30.31 world junior record. a couple of chinese girls were supposed to run the rotterdam marathon last april including the 30.07 runner, but the promoter would not let them because of the sars scare, although neither showed any symptoms, that would have been interesting.

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 23, 2003 6:29 pm

WHATEVER HAPPENED TO THOSE CHINESE RUNNERS....SUCH FAST TIMES......

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 23, 2003 6:55 pm

HI, I'M PAULIE - AREN'T I STUPID? I AM A SAD PATHETIC LOSER.

Postby gh » Sat Aug 23, 2003 10:43 pm

Radcliffe would have had to some major humping to have lost Adere last night. And the 30-flat kick that the Ethiopian put on would have left her gasping I'm afraid.
gh

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 24, 2003 7:59 am

Y.Sun from china who finished third, has a very strange style of running- She keeps both her hands flat against her sides thru the entire race.

Why isn't she trying to correct it? She is not a new comer and has been on the world stage for a while.

Questions for Coaches- After an athlete reaches his/her prime, do you not change their basic running style??

Postby AS » Sun Aug 24, 2003 4:25 pm

Great run from Benita Johnson of Australia in 8th... only her second 10k... 51 sec PB... demolished Lisa Ondieki's Australian record by over 30 seconds... and if i recall i flagged her absence from the T&F tips as a substantial oversight a few days back...
AS

Postby trackstar » Sun Aug 24, 2003 5:26 pm

By the way, eTN had an error in the results: Yingjie Sun's 30:07 was listed as an "NR" rather than a "PR" -- although I would love to know that Wang's 29:31 had been removed from the books.
trackstar

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 24, 2003 6:49 pm

>By the way, eTN had an error in the results:
>Yingjie Sun's 30:07 was listed as an "NR"
>rather than a "PR" -- although I would love to
>know that Wang's 29:31 had been removed from the
>books.

dont worry the way the girls ran yesterday, when oslo is rebuilt, and conditions are ideal with rabbits the 29.31 will go.

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 27, 2003 4:06 am

I was in Paris to see the race. I must tell you that Yingjie Sun looks like a man. My friend noticed first in the binoculars and have to agree that it looks suspicious!! The face and the pelvis are woman like. I don't want to make false accusations but there was something wrong believe me. IAAF will allow transexuals to run as women anyway!! Where is athletics going? Any opinions?

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 27, 2003 4:31 am

>I was in Paris to see the race. I must tell you
>that Yingjie Sun looks like a man. >>

So does your mother.... what does that have to do w/ anything?

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 27, 2003 10:14 am

Does anyone have this complete race on tape for the networkly-challenged like myself to buy a copy?