Happy Birthday Usain Bolt!

Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

Happy Birthday Usain Bolt!

Postby gh » Sat Aug 23, 2003 3:20 am

Hard to believe nobody noticed until now that the No. 1 thread guy just had his 17th on Thursday.
gh

Re: Happy Birthday Usain Bolt!

Postby MJD » Sat Aug 23, 2003 11:21 am

Macro's was yesterday and he has been on the board too.
MJD

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 26, 2003 6:11 am

I have not seen Usain Bolt's name in the results or start lists for the world championships.

From the fawning messages on this board, it was my understanding that Usain Bolt would be there and make a strong showing, as well as win Olympic gold next year, break Michael Johnson's records, bring about world peace and discover cures for AIDS and cancer.

Does anyone know why he does not seem to be there (or is he just running relays?)?

Postby gh » Tue Aug 26, 2003 6:15 am

He's def. in town; T&FN staffers have chatted with him. He looks to be no better than 6-4, not 6-5, by the way.
gh

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 26, 2003 6:38 am

Okay, but my question was whether he is running anything.

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:47 pm

of course his pet event the 200 meters. Read This:

With the start of the 200 meters only a few hours away and the fact that the 100 meters was won in 10.07 seconds it clearly points to the fact that anybody running sub 20.00 in the 200 meters is a likely candidate for a medal. A sub 20 seconds seems somewhat challenging at this stage of the game. With regards to Usain Bolt, can he run sub 20.1 seconds? Most certainly he can and he will. Can he run sub 20.00 in these games perhaps he can. Whatever time Usain Bolt runs will highlight how talented this youngsters is. For him to be entering this event with one of the fastest time of the year of 20.13second (recorded when he was not fully pressed). It will also take him to the next level. This is the reason behind this thread. It is to help people put into perspective who is Usain Bolt. As I said earlier on in one of the postings only time will tell and in another 18 -75 hours time will be telling for Usain Bolt and the world will see talent on display. I am making my case right now without ambiguity, and before any time is posted in the 200 meters. Usain Bolt will definitely be running sub 20.1 second and very close to 19.99 seconds over at least one of the 200 meters. He will also finish in the top five of the 200 meters finals and it is highly likely that he will medal. Any comment?

Track guru

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:49 pm

Bolt will only run the the 4x100m

Postby tafnut » Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:52 pm

That's what I thought, but have never heard confirmation. I assume you are someone 'in the know'?
tafnut

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:56 pm

I'm a Jamaican and the 200m will be run by Ricardo williams, Latonel williams and Chris Williams no relation

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:12 pm

As an Additional Confirmation the teenage sensation will not be competing in the 200 meters

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:47 pm

It appears that that the Jamaicans are a bit concerned about the length of his season. After all, he is a high school kid and has been racing since January.

They probably had a good look at Felix in her heats and pulled the plug on him.

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 26, 2003 3:00 pm

euan - didn't you just finishing telling us how great he was going to do in the 200?