Bruce Collins?

Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

Bruce Collins?

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 16, 2003 2:38 pm

I heard some bad news about Bruce Collins, Penn 400IH from '74. Has anyone heard anything?

Re: Bruce Collins?

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 16, 2003 3:03 pm

I haven't heard anything, but I admire your restraint. I assume it's some bad gossip that may or may not be true. We shouldn't post something nasty unless we have a basis in fact, so again - thanks.

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 16, 2003 4:49 pm

A great hurdler at U of Penn..along with Harold Schwab( a mentor and best friend of mine) they were a great 400mIH duo who had the highest ncaa placing until a year or two ago. Ran some great 110HH races also and went on to become a lawyer..bright man. I hope all is well.

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 18, 2003 7:49 am

I am a former teammate of Bruce and at the Penn Relays heard from another former teammate who is a doctor that Bruce did pass away from a rare disease, something like mad-cows disease but not exactly the same. I forget whether SARS was already in the headlines yet back then, so I do not know if it could have been that.

Postby gh » Mon Aug 18, 2003 12:39 pm

on the road, so dont have all issues for reference, but he was in the tfn obits a couple of months back... died in januarz as i recall
gh