Bolt might be out.

Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

Bolt might be out.

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:49 pm

A jamaican news paper has hinted to the possibility of the non-inclusion of Usaine Bolt in their team for the world's. It's reported that he has not been training consistently due to an infection of the eye 'conjunctivitis' commonly called "pink eye"

I think this is utter rubbish. Somebody need to tell Bolt's advisors to back-off. How can an eye infection which has a duration of 4-7 days prevents his training since winning the junior pan-am. Based on the release it would appear that thier his a fear that he will be beaten and embarrassed. I think this is an arrogant and unfortunate viewpoint. Someone wants to protect his proud winnining streak at the expense of allowing him to do his country proud even by reaching the semis only. He may never maintain this type of form. He may never get this type of opprtunity to represent his country. There is talk of him running 4x100m. I think if he is fit enough to run on thier squad then he can make the 200M final with little difficulty.

Re: Bolt might be out.

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:55 pm

I'm glad you're not his coach. Why not take it at face value and appreciate that they are NOT trying to exploit him at such a young age? There would be a big outcry if he were sub-par and the associate made him run anyway to satisfy their needs. Let them do their job. He could still run.