i hope bolt make it pass the first round

Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

i hope bolt make it pass the first round

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 02, 2003 3:40 am

All this talking about Usain Bolt of Jamaica is good but i hope his legs will last all the rounds. He his a World Class athlete but this isn't junior stage and the rounds will be harder, remember had a long season and there are effects to that

Re: i hope bolt make it pass the first round

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 02, 2003 5:19 am

THIS IS TRUE SIR

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 02, 2003 4:52 pm

bolt has run every meet he could run this year
jamaican juniors, jamaican seniors, cac, world youth, pan am juniors and now most likely pan am seniors. by the time he will get to paris he will be tired, not in his best form and perhaps even slightly injured.

Postby Orange » Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:57 am

Why are there so many different opinions about this young man? Its been mentioned that he will go 19.90 this year, sub 44 seconds in the 400 meters next year & now there are concerns that he won't have enough gas in the tank to get through the qualifying rounds at the World championships.
To be sure, Usain will be ready to compete. His performances this year are no flukes. This is by far his biggest challenge & he knows it. He probably won't strike gold but he could grab a medal. No matter how he fares, the experience will bode well for him as an invaluable learning experience. I am looking forward to seeing him compete on TV for the first time.
Orange

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 03, 2003 10:02 am

I know about Jamaican Track and Field speaking as an athlete myself and Bolt will be ready "WHY" because of a man name "Glen Mills" Big Coach mine too from Camperdown

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 03, 2003 10:02 am

I know about Jamaican Track and Field speaking as an athlete myself and Bolt will be ready "WHY" because of a man name "Glen Mills" Big Coach mine too from Camperdown

Postby Jefferson Buffalo » Sun Aug 03, 2003 11:21 am

Say, Mark, I've always been curious. Is the Camperdown race track two miles long?

:-)
Jefferson Buffalo

Postby gh » Sun Aug 03, 2003 12:33 pm

For what it's worth, it took 20.84 to advance in '01
gh

Postby Brazilian Track fan » Sun Aug 03, 2003 12:59 pm

It is true that he had a long season, and before the WC he will be running in the Pan Am Games, but thinking that he would not even make the final is a little too much.
Let's wait and see, he is a great athlete and will make finals and get a medal.
Brazilian Track fan

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 03, 2003 2:14 pm

big up mark "Glen Mills" is the right man right now remember Raymond Stewart same camp Bolt will be ready

Postby Orange » Mon Aug 04, 2003 8:12 pm

I guarantee he will make it past the first round. From what I've read, this guy likes to look behind at his competion so this round should provide that opportunity. After that, he better keep focused & look straight ahead or he'll be watching the successive rounds in the stands!
Orange