Track and field overlooked in Minnesota

Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

Track and field overlooked in Minnesota

Postby Twister » Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:31 am

I went to a Jr. Olympic regional meet this last weekend in St.Paul, Mn. So of course we just had to go to the Mall of America(wife insists). I found Goldy's Locker room a store dedicated to University of Minnesota items. The Gophers won the last two NCCA hockey titles so I wanted a hat or puck(also bought a bumper sticker). While talking to the guy at the store I brought up the Minnesota mens track team and their recent success at the NCAA's. The guy in the store said he was aware that they had done well and that he has had no one inquire into buying U of M track items in his store since the NCAA meet. I guess Minnesota really is a hockey state.
Anyone interested in the Jr. Olympic meet results can go to www.usatfmn.org and click on jr. olympic, then region viii meet and results. Good meet overall.
Twister

Re: Track and field overlooked in Minnesota

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 15, 2003 5:10 am

I live in Minnesota and its a friggin joke how track and field is overlooked here. We are not exactly the top state in the nation but we do produce some decent throwers and distance guys once and a while(every year). By the way the "Mall of America" is also a friggin joke but I guess I am not into that crap.

The kicker is, and I could be wrong, but it seems like no here give a damn about anything unless it is the national championship game and thats only in selected sports.