A Plug For eTN

Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

A Plug For eTN

Postby gh » Fri Jul 11, 2003 3:23 pm

(the no-commercial-messages on the board stricture doesn't apply to us, of course) :-)

An unsolicited testimonial we got in e-mail today

<<Incidentally, the T&F Newsletter via the Internet is MARVELOUS! I am almost an original subscriber ( since Vol. 1 #3) and an original subscriber to the old-old mimeographed Track newsletter. Your Internet newsletter is incredible. Ennui had come close to having me not renew my subscription to T&F News but your Internet supplement and getting a weekly dose of track news renews my enthusiasm for the sport. Except for high school track (in California and some elsewhere), media coverage of the sport has declined declined enormously and seeing it on a regular basis again makes it so much more interesting again.>>
gh

Re: A Plug For eTN

Postby tafnut » Fri Jul 11, 2003 3:48 pm

I saw that you plan a daily eTN from Paris. Since most (?) of us will be watching the iaaf site for the 'live' results, will the TN have some commentary as well? Plus, I assume, splits?
tafnut

Postby 197hjsteve » Mon Jul 14, 2003 6:15 am

with the assumption, and my own certainty, that T&FN has not and never will knowingly overcharge for its products, anyone that calls themself a Track & Field Fan and does not also loyally and lovingly subscribe to T&FN, should either be shot or exiled .
197hjsteve

Postby Per Andersen » Mon Jul 14, 2003 9:57 pm

Yesss! 1.97hjsteve! I could not agree more.
T&F News has been a highlight in my month since August '58 and I intend to keep it that way.
When T&FN hits my mailbox everything else gets put on hold like it always has.
Per Andersen

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 14, 2003 11:39 pm

The results from the eTN are great, but I always
can't wait for the stories behind them in Track and Field News the Real Magazine.

Postby 197hjsteve » Tue Jul 15, 2003 6:42 am

Per Anderson, we are amazingly similar ! My subscription started 2 months later in October 1958.... and like you that once-a-month mail hit is an " everything stops" event which has always been a joke to other members of my family.

And in college, when it came to my post office box and I took it out on my way to classes, I would hide T&FN behind my notebook and read it instead of listening and taking notes !
197hjsteve

Postby Per Andersen » Tue Jul 15, 2003 10:20 pm

1.97hjsteve
It has to be the H.J. I jumped 1.92 during the summer of '60 when Stepanov still held the Euro rec at 2.16.
Before my subsription started they sent me a free sample, Feb.58 with Herm Wyatt and Shelton + Hayes Jones on the cover. I had read in World Sports (English mag) that T&FN was a must for track fans but it exceeded my wildest expectations. For sure I remember reading about Herb Carper in French class under my desk.
It is amazing that some folks think 40$ is to steep.
Per Andersen