Bernard Williams and Torri Edwards

Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

Bernard Williams and Torri Edwards

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 11, 2003 1:41 pm

Hey these two have really stepped up this year. You better have a good lead on Bernard in the 100, because his 200 times indicate he's really coming on late in races.

Re: Bernard Williams and Torri Edwards

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 11, 2003 2:42 pm

Bernard also happens to be self-coached this year

Postby oldvaulter » Fri Jul 11, 2003 7:49 pm

Torri looks fabulous and I've been enjoying her great running and her success.

Though today in Rome wasn't a great day for her (losing to Chandra in the 100 and Torri in the 200), Kelli White has also been having a career year. But one thing troubles me a little about Kelli -- the radical change in her physical appearance this year. She's much more heavily muscled and has that (unmentionable) look -- kinda reminds me of Flojo in 1988. I hope it ain't so...
oldvaulter

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 11, 2003 8:23 pm

Oldvaulter, I wouldn't worry about Kelli's physique. Her coach is a firm believer in having muscular athletes. Her training partners are Chryste Gaines and Dwain Chambers two big, powerfully built athletes. I THINK THESE TWO HAVE HELPED push Kelli to make herself better with hard work.

Postby oldvaulter » Fri Jul 11, 2003 8:27 pm

>Oldvaulter, I wouldn't worry about Kelli's
>s physique. Her coach is a firm believer in
>having muscular athletes. Her training partners
>are Chryste Gaines and Dwain Chambers two big,
>powerfully built athletes. I THINK THESE TWO
>HAVE HELPED push Kelli to make herself better
>with hard work.

I like this explanation as I've always liked Kelli and I'm happy to appreciate her success with a doubt-free mind.
oldvaulter

Postby bhall » Sun Jul 13, 2003 1:05 pm

rico-

Reminder, read the guidelines for the board.

3. The definition of "objectionable post" rests solely with T&FN. Be advised up front that sexist/racist material is out of bounds. As are unfounded accusations/suggestions that athlete X is using drugs.
bhall

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 16, 2003 7:08 am

Bernard was not being choach by Dennis Mitchell?

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 16, 2003 12:50 pm

i can understand Oldvaulter's comment.
As much as I know, Kelly has been coached by her current coach for more than just this year. So why didn´t he put her in the weight room before?
Anyway, I don´t like to accuse people, especially not athletes that I really like, but Kelly's bodychange is huge. Anyway, lets just hope she did it in a clean way.
btw, not only Kelly bulked up like crazy, look at how Michelle was looking indoors and even Tori Edwards is much more toned then before.

Anyway, I am looking forward to the worlds, will be really exiting.

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 16, 2003 12:56 pm

Just because an athlete has bulked up doesn't mean that they aren't natural. Keep that in mind. Kelli, Torri, and Michelle are all very talented athletes.

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 16, 2003 12:57 pm

Just because an athlete has bulked up doesn't mean that they aren't natural. Keep that in mind. Kelli, Torri, and Michelle are all very talented athletes.

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 16, 2003 1:00 pm

I don´t doubt that my friend. As I pointed out, I am a Kelly White fan, it just seems weird to me, that she appears cut like crazy this season. I mean, was her coach sleeping or what? Keeping her out of the gym just see what happens? That´s what I don´t understand.
Anyway, I like Kelly White a lot and want her to suceed. At least until next year till Marion is back.

And no, I don´t accuse Kelly of using drugs, neither do I accuse Tori or Michelle. Ít´s just funny that they all appear cut like crazy this year.

I´m out