Winner of mens worlds 100?

Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

Winner of mens worlds 100?

Postby Runnerrb » Thu Jul 10, 2003 12:42 pm

There are going to be a lot of good men in that race so i just wanted to know who everyone thinks is going to win. I'm going to have to go with WR holder Tim M.
Runnerrb

Re: Winner of mens worlds 100?

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 10, 2003 12:45 pm

Impossible to judge so far. Weirdest season for a long time IMHO.

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 10, 2003 1:05 pm

Greene is going to get his act together (actually J Smith is going to get Greene's act together) right before the WC and Greene will win in sub 9.90.

Postby The Flash » Thu Jul 10, 2003 1:32 pm

I echo "mo man"--Mo wins in fastest time of the year.
The Flash

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 10, 2003 1:38 pm

Man, Mo's going to have to lose a little weight. Mo looks like he's really muscled up this year. In alot of his races he has faded after 60 meters this year. Let's hope he gets his act together. Mo 1st, Tim 2nd, Bernard 3rd, you heard it hear first. Also watch out for Kim Collins in the mix. Definitely sub 9.90to win gold.

Postby gh » Thu Jul 10, 2003 1:50 pm

As I noted on some other thread earlier, not sure has really put on that much (if any) weight. But he has absolutely monster traps, which makes him look shorter (ergo heavier). He's obviously a monster on the pull-down machine, but I don't know if that will translate to any faster sprinting.

But given his knowledge of the terrain (he is 3-time defending champ, after all), the extreme wisdom of John Smith in having people ready at the right time, and the lack of anybody else jumping up and showing me that they're the bee's knees, my vote remains in Mo's corner.
gh

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 16, 2003 7:31 am

I think Mo will win, despite his poor showing in the last races.
He is the 3 time defending champ and knows how to peak for a big competition.
He still the man to beat.
Bernard Williams is going to be fast as well, but will settle for silver.
Monty has de WR, but that is it... he got it with the legal wind and never got under 10 sec after that.
Kim Collins will get a medal, maybe bronze.
The Brits are strong but I don't think that one of them will get a medal.

Postby Conway » Wed Jul 16, 2003 9:53 am

Gotta go with the reining World Champ ... So far the field looks to be fairly even .. So gotta go with the man who seems to know how to win !!!! He hasn't lost a major since before 1997 ...
Conway

Postby trackstar » Wed Jul 16, 2003 4:35 pm

>Impossible to judge so far. Weirdest season for a
>long time IMHO.

I agree. My prediction -- not exactly a brave one -- is neither Montgomery or Greene, but an unexpected surprise. Now who that surprise will be, heck if I know.
trackstar

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 16, 2003 7:23 pm

I'm going with either Maurice or Kim Collins..... BTW, Maurice HAS gained weight (not just trap size)....... he looks to have more subcutaneous fat

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 16, 2003 8:42 pm

All athletes in contention are physically capable of running the same time but don't worry, Maurice will be fine and although no one has a sure gold (or bronze for that matter) I think chance will side with him because his psychological talents can match those of his speed thus keeping him at the head of the pack.