Life's Been Good To Me So Far

Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

Life's Been Good To Me So Far

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 22, 2003 9:35 am

"My Maserati does 185; they took my license, now I don't drive..."

Posted on Mon, Apr. 21, 2003
Carl Lewis arrested, charged with DUI
The Orange County Register

Nine-time Olympic gold medal winner Carl Lewis was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol early Monday after a single-car crash in Los Angeles County.

Lewis was arrested and charged with a misdemeanor DUI after tests revealed he had a blood alcohol level of 0.08, according to California Highway Patrol Officer Joseph Pace.

Lewis wrecked his 2004 Maserati at about 2:40 a.m. Monday near the interchange of the Harbor and Gardena freeways, Pace said.

CHP officers performed a series of field sobriety tests. Afterward, he was transported to a nearby Los Angeles Police Department precinct where he failed a breathalyzer test, Pace said.

The former track star is scheduled to appear in Los Angeles County Superior Court on July 7. An attorney for Lewis did not return phone calls seeking comment.

Lewis also was arrested for DUI in Houston in 1991 and was found innocent. He was arrested with a 0.12 blood alcohol level after he drove his car into a curb in front of a pair of Houston police officers.

Re: Life's Been Good To Me So Far

Postby tafnut » Tue Apr 22, 2003 9:47 am

When it rains, it pours. This ain't his week.
tafnut

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 22, 2003 12:53 pm

I want to know how he got a 2004 Maserati! He must have invested well because it certainly isn't because of his acting ability.

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 24, 2003 4:18 am

It was a buyoff from SAG (the Screen Actor's Guild) for promising never to make another movie. :-)